I have quite a few sites on my Google Reader account which I follow. I also swing by the usual main stream media outlets that most folks visit and see how things match up. I think it is funny how folks follow NYT, Huffington Post, WaPo, WSJ, Economist, Reuters, Bloomberg, Fox, and the rest of them and feel that they’ve done their due diligence to be informed (*cough* programmed).
- http://www.washingtonsblog.com/ - Excellent source of current event analysis taking apart U.S. regime and other beltway buffoon rhetoric.
- http://www.zerohedge.com/ - The standard when it comes to economic news and analysis pulling from a large collection of sources.
- http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com/ - Fantastic ecnomic and political news and analysis primarily by economist Robert Wenzel.
- http://www.activistpost.com/ - Alternative news. Stuff that isn’t reported in the main stream. I will admit some of the stories have sources I question more than normally but for a critical thinker it is easy to glean some interesting things.
- http://antiwar.com/ - News about war, death, and government sanctioned killings, torture, and the rest of it.
- http://cafehayek.com/ - Posts by various GMU staff regarding politics and economics.
- http://www.lewrockwell.com/politicaltheatre/ - Funny commentary on politics.
- http://www.lewrockwell.com/ - Great political, economic, and contemporary news and commentary by various contributing writers.
- http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com/ - Economist and investment guru Mike Shedlock (aka Mish) has an excellent blog analyzing many economic policies.
- http://www.shtfplan.com/ - A little humor mixed with understanding the tyrannical police state enslaving the tax serfs of this country and the world.
- http://www.thehealthyhomeeconomist.com/ - Brilliant writing about living healthy while critically understanding the food we eat.
- http://www.naturalnews.com - Alternative news regarding health, food, and living.
- http://www.pretenseofknowledge.com/ - Hayakian perspective on business and economy.
- http://www.tomwoods.com/ - PhD scholar Tom Woods on the benefits on free market and rational, critical thinking in today’s propaganda laden world.
- http://mises.org/daily - The premier source of liberty minded, scholar written articles.
- http://marcfaberblog.blogspot.com/ - Buy gold as long as governments print, print, and print! Oh, and economic analysis by Swiss economist Marc Faber.
- http://maxkeiser.com/ - Hilarious commentary and analysis of bankers and politicians via the Keiser Report.
There are other sites but I like to cross reference and check sources. If there are any other sites that may be worth following, feel free to share or email me any suggestions. Further, I am in no way trying to say one only one set of news sources should be trusted. With media consolidated and tied in with the government and interests one has to take the time to compare and contrast hopefully critically thinking and analyzing for themselves.