We’ve (Koa + me = MokaSocial, LLC) finally pushed out Flicka.mobi the official portal to Flicka, our Flickr application for the Android platform! It will bring all the free functionality of the Flickr website and add tons of integration into the mobile platform. We’re hoping to be able to launch the actual application by the beginning of Q2 this year. We’ll see.
The page kind of tells you about the release and stuff but here are all the links:
- Blog – http://flickamobi.tumblr.com/
- Flickr App Garden – http://www.flickr.com/services/apps/72157623025084241/
- Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/pages/Flicka/189775049761
- Twitter (of our Pivotal Tracker feed) – http://twitter.com/flickamobi
- Get Satisfaction – http://getsatisfaction.com/flicka
It’s been one frantic push to get the code base stabilized and things to a place where we can finally start talking about it. There isn’t much about the Google Android SDK on the web so that’s probably the biggest challenge. Also, the Java library we’re using for our interactions doesn’t seem to have everything.
Anyway, it’s been a wonderful dive into Java and I’ve been thoroughly enjoying it. We’re hoping it’s a successful mobile platform application; one in a series of many increasingly complex and sexy!
Special thanks to those that have been helping. The organization, insight, and comradeship has been awesome!