Recently I have been experimenting with the usage of XMLRPC. Apparently there is a great divide in opinion regarding this and SOAP. Anyway, I was installing the C based API library on my system and found an error. Apparently, there is a bug or something wrong with the code so it doesn’t compile using GCC 4+. The error:

xml_element.c:173: error: invalid lvalue in assignment

Well, after doing a little poking around I found that file and found this line:


A temporary fix to it was using ‘free’ instead of ‘my_free’ but it turns out that this is invalid C code; allowing cast-as-lvalue is an extension to C which has been deprecated (and has triggered warnings) since GCC 3.4. So I guess I found a bug in some unknown library. I guess I will see if I can fix it!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to XMLRPC-EPI Bug